The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Star Trek XI: The Movie > My Friend Saw The Trek Trailer Last Night
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-28-2008, 06:25 PM
Vice Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordisaiah View Post
I don't have a problem with people who don't like Sci-Fi, except when the first words out of their mouth during a "watercooler" discussion is to mock me for liking it.

I don't tend to push my views on people, but if you set me up for an argument, I'll be more than happy to oblige.
I agree with these statement 100% I know a bunch of people that just don't get into Sci-Fi in any way. That does not bother me. But when someone finds out I am a Trek fan, then they start with the "nerd" stereotype attacks, then I WILL lecture them on the aspects I find appealing. I don't expect these people to turn into Trek convert fans in any way.
Old 11-28-2008, 08:16 PM
Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrQ1701 View Post
I agree with these statement 100% I know a bunch of people that just don't get into Sci-Fi in any way. That does not bother me. But when someone finds out I am a Trek fan, then they start with the "nerd" stereotype attacks, then I WILL lecture them on the aspects I find appealing. I don't expect these people to turn into Trek convert fans in any way.
This is what happens to most trek fans, just because we love star trek we are regarded as nerds. Therefore are opinion could not possibly be intelligent. We are just dreamers, who just happen to believe that our future could possibly be better than where it's heading.
Old 11-28-2008, 08:44 PM
Fleet Admiral

I've only had a couple of instances where a couple of my friends tried to deride me for enjoying Star Trek. I'd smugly remind them that the cell phones they were holding in their hands were inspired by Treknology....by "dreamers infatuated with what may be, and making it NOW".