The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Star Trek XI: The Movie > 2 Reasons why Trekkers & Trekkies need to Relax
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-26-2008, 05:04 PM
Commander

There is a difference between change and demolition, TNG did not seek to invalidate TOS, thats why it was set a century ahead of the original series so there would be no conflicts with anything new they chose to introduce...such as a new ship design for example, so I don't think this is a conflict quite like that. This is a conflict between those who would prefer that Star Trek break from its established story lines, and those who would prefer that it remain true to them. I think the problem for a lot of people is that this does not seem to be a story set within what we now know as The Star Trek Univere, prequilic in nature or not. This seems to be a story setting up an entirely NEW universe that is now supposed to be the star trek universe and for those of us who grew up with the old one for 20, 30, 40+ years that's a hard and sometimes bitter pill to swallow especially since unlike something like Battle Star, the current Star Trek Universe has been growing and expanding for those 40+ years.

-Free Enterprise

Last edited by radoskal : 11-26-2008 at 05:57 PM.