The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Star Trek XI: The Movie > Captain Pike agrees to meet Nero on his ship. Why? To discuss terms of surrender???
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-21-2008, 12:32 PM
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin View Post
I'd go with the idea that whatever happens to Pike is either undone by the time travel element or it simply doesn't happen that way -i.e he doesn't die at all. His later fate is too well recorded to be changed so stupidly.

I hope you are right. Too much is already being changed. To directly invalidate not one but two of the more popular TOS episodes would be very foolish. Then again, I think a lot of what I've already heard of the film is foolish.
Old 11-22-2008, 05:33 AM
Lieutenant

Ugh.

I sure hope he doesn't die like this. At least it better be as the previous poster said, befitting his status.

To wait all this time and watch him die like a slug from Nero? Grrrrrrrrrrrrr.
Old 11-23-2008, 08:15 AM
Ensign

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Pike View Post
Never the less you were warned and could have hit the back button.
The point I tried to make is that the spoiler is in the title of your post - you see the spoiler in the forum list regardless of whether you click on the link to view the post or not!
Old 11-23-2008, 09:00 AM
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoyagerFan View Post
The point I tried to make is that the spoiler is in the title of your post - you see the spoiler in the forum list regardless of whether you click on the link to view the post or not!
I agree. This is the first time I heard anything about Pike going aboard Neros ship. Thanks alot for telling me far more than I wanted to know in your title
Old 11-23-2008, 10:36 AM
Vice Admiral

Pike's probably gonna die on Nero's ship. That's that. "The Cage" and "The Menagerie" will be eliminated as if they never existed. Just as the rest of the 40 years of Star Trek history will be erased when this movie hits theaters. JJ and his crew don't give a targ's a$$ about Star Trek. All they care about is making money for the studio so they can have a job. And that's understandable. But if you're going to make a movie about TOS, it should at least look like TOS and have the same feel as TOS and adhere to the continuity and timeline issues of TOS. That's not happening here. Now I may be proven wrong in May. All these canon issues may be resolved when the timeline is repaired and Matt Jeffries' timeless design flies off into the starfield in all her glory at the end of the movie. But I am not holding my breath.
Old 11-23-2008, 10:41 AM
Ensign

I'd heard that they wanted all Starfleet captains to be very capable unlike some we've seen in the past, if Pike does die in this film then I don't think he'll go down without a fight, maybe that's how the Enterprise is able to escape from Vulcan during Nero's attack. Pike does something that temporarily stops his ship allowing the Enterprise to get away.
Old 11-23-2008, 11:47 AM
Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Amasov View Post
I'd heard that they wanted all Starfleet captains to be very capable unlike some we've seen in the past, if Pike does die in this film then I don't think he'll go down without a fight, maybe that's how the Enterprise is able to escape from Vulcan during Nero's attack. Pike does something that temporarily stops his ship allowing the Enterprise to get away.
Most likely, killing Pike with out heroism will kill the movie too