The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Star Trek XI: The Movie > Unconditional Love for this film ... anyone?
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-22-2008, 06:04 AM
Vice Admiral

Whatever Happens, I'm Holding My Breath Until That Magical day!!

Old 11-22-2008, 12:11 PM
Lieutenant Commander

Count me in. I've already got a group together on May 8th for dinner and the movie (and it's not even Thanksgiving). Two families, all ages. We can't wait. This movie is going to be huge. Only death would keep me away.
Old 11-22-2008, 01:40 PM
Commander

I'd be cautious about trying to hold your breath for six months. Permanent brain damage can begin after six minutes without oxygen...

Old 11-22-2008, 02:10 PM
Vice Admiral

Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, Europe, Terra - ZZ9 PluralZAlpha

My record underwater is one minute and forty-six seconds!

(And an indirectly founding patron of the Elizadolots Avatar Thingy.)
Old 11-22-2008, 02:26 PM
Lieutenant

Yeah I guess you could say I'm really looking forward to the film. The trailer blew me away, like I expected, so it's a very good chance the film will blow me away. I have unconditional faith in JJ. That man can't do wrong in my opinion. Roberto and Alex blew me away with their writing in Transformers. When I knew they were writing Trek, I couldn't of been more excited. I pictured everything I liked about Star Trek and meshed it with everything I liked about the Transformers movie and...man I didn't know what to do. Granted it's a director who makes a movie what it is too, I think Michael Bay is a good director. JJ did wonders for M:I:III so I just think the new Star Trek movie will be like that along with those great character driven moments I've heard the movie has.

THE MOVIE WILL BE AWESOME.
Old 11-22-2008, 03:11 PM
Lieutenant

It hard to say something about the new trek movie,ok we seen photos and the trailer,but it still too hard,i'm hoping it will be able to live up the the hype surrounding it and that JJ will take star trek further with it than berman and co did.
Old 11-22-2008, 03:15 PM
Federation Councillor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr pointy ears View Post
It hard to say something about the new trek movie,ok we seen photos and the trailer,but it still too hard,i'm hoping it will be able to live up the the hype surrounding it and that JJ will take star trek further with it than berman and co did.
I think that's a point. I think Abrams and his team is the metaphorical 'outside the box' thinker needed, when Berman and co had become fixed into doing things a certain way, that wasn't fully working anymore.
Old 11-22-2008, 03:21 PM
Midshipman

Maybe Spock is in an undercover mission and seeing how good Kirk will be as a Captian and testing to see how he handels certain situations. Before they become friends.
Old 11-28-2008, 08:37 PM
Ensign

I have unconditional love for all the Star Trek movies, even Final Frontier and Nemesis. Why you ask, Final Frontier? Well, because it was a good view of how the crew interacts on shore leave and gave a different side to them even though the movie was lacking. Nemesis, well I think it's because I can see what it could have been. By the way T'Aerwynd, I love the quote "it appears we are too heavy" "Must be all those marshmelons." It was quotes and such like that from ST V that I think made it memorable. Back to the new film though, I think it's going to give Paramount a shakedown it needs and a kick in Star Trek's pants to get it going again b/c Berman/Braga drove Enterprise into the ground and nearly choked the ST franchise to death.