The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Star Trek XI: The Movie > New-E, Look at it in another way
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-13-2008, 01:24 PM
Lieutenant

The way I see it.. it's Star Trek through a new set of eyes. Whether or not things look the same or not may or may not effect, but as long as we're seeing the same picture is the same thing.
Old 11-13-2008, 01:27 PM
Ensign

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriggerMan View Post
The way I see it.. it's Star Trek through a new set of eyes. Whether or not things look the same or not may or may not effect, but as long as we're seeing the same picture is the same thing.
Would you rather have a new Star Trek or no Star Trek at all? No chance of ever seeing the franchise again or possibly seeing it all come back to life? Without this movie, we would probably not have anything at all or another fail of a TNG movie at the boxoffice. I say that because I thought they where good movies.
Old 11-13-2008, 02:47 PM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrQ1701 View Post
I am not concerned with Canon issues regarding the new E. At first look it just evoked a gag reflex!! Same for the bridge with all the "pretty" lighting. Some may point to canon as their reason for disliking what we have seen so far of this new Trek movie, but not me. My reasoning is based solely on my personnal taste.
When I first saw the galaxy class Enterprise, I myself had a gag reflex. It's gigantic saucer and stubby little nacelles just made me cringe throughout the first season, not to mention that terrible bridge that resembled a waiting room at a doctor's office. But the design grew on me.

Then I realized that like all the other ships, the galaxy class ship had certain angles that made it look stunning and others that made it look terrible. I think the picture of the new Enterprise we have been shown is probably taken at an awkward angle. I will reserve my final judgement until I have seen her in action even though I really am not upset by the change in design.

You are right, it really boils down to personal preference.
Old 11-13-2008, 02:58 PM
Ensign

Something that struck me when I first saw the picture, was that the saucer section looks pretty close to what we are familiar with, but the secondary hull and nacelles and struts do not. What if during the movie, that there is a saucer separation and only the saucer section goes unscathed. Perhaps this is how Pike is injured. Then at the end the saucer attaches to a new secondary hull/nacelles, and then it looks much closer to the Enterprise we all love. I know that is probably not what's going to happen, but that's the thought that went thru my head at first viewing the photo. It's just odd that the two parts of the ship, don't seem to go together.
Old 11-13-2008, 03:29 PM
Vice Admiral

Say WHAT?

Old 11-13-2008, 04:30 PM
Ensign

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Presley View Post
Something that struck me when I first saw the picture, was that the saucer section looks pretty close to what we are familiar with, but the secondary hull and nacelles and struts do not. What if during the movie, that there is a saucer separation and only the saucer section goes unscathed. Perhaps this is how Pike is injured. Then at the end the saucer attaches to a new secondary hull/nacelles, and then it looks much closer to the Enterprise we all love. I know that is probably not what's going to happen, but that's the thought that went thru my head at first viewing the photo. It's just odd that the two parts of the ship, don't seem to go together.
I was thinking this also. I know they can make an emergency seperation at the time using explosive type way to seperate, or maybe they do have clamps. I can't remember what I read. I guess if you have half of a ship you can rebuild it and keep the same name without adding the A at the end.