The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Star Trek XI: The Movie > U.S.S Kelvin what class ship?
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-27-2008, 03:18 PM
Commander

'End of the war' isn't necessarily the same as 'unbroken peace' - also, if the attack is indeed by Nero, then the Kelvin crew would have no way of knowing they were dealing with Romulan rogues from the future.

The possibilities are wide open, anyway - and the less we know beforehand, the more surprises and intrigue we'll find in the movie itself. Sometimes, ignorance can indeed be bliss
Old 10-27-2008, 05:42 PM
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua View Post
If I still remember about this when I get home after work I'll start googling. If it's not during romulan war prepare yourself for the cannonites screaming about in TOS how the Romulans haven't made an appearance and there has been unbroken peace since the Romulan War.
Like Big D said: that assumes that the Kelvin knows who is attacking it and can relate that information to someone else before it's (apparently) destroyed. And it also assumes that if Nero is leading the attack, he's doing so on behalf of the Romulan Empire.

We don't know either of those things would hold true in the story.

MISSION:TREK's in-depth review of STAR TREK

Proud member of the Friends of Zardoz Association. Avatar courtesy of Eliza's House of Avatars with three convenient locations near you. Free balloons for the kids!
Old 11-12-2008, 07:30 AM
Banned

According to the interviews it was built justbeofre the Romulan War and so had to be adapted to be a fighting vessel. The class of ship the USS Kelvin belongs to is unknown so far, so I thought I'd come up with one, we, (the fans) can use till we find out. (It also adds the Lost referance to Trek 11 too, like there were refences in the Mission Impossible 3 closing credits, and the opening credits of Cloverfeild). And as the comic apparently ties in TNG from Unification, I've used the Galaxy class development logo. I was playing around with the idea of calling it the Hanso class, but after the debate and mystery the Kelvin pictures have brought, Dharma seemed to fit.