The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Star Trek XI: The Movie > New Enterprise...
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-18-2008, 06:08 PM
Ensign

Post New Enterprise...

From the shape of the nacelles - do you think it will look like the "modernized" pics I've seen in the fan art thread?

Old 10-18-2008, 06:47 PM
Rear Admiral

there have been several sources saying the ship is more "organic", and that larger nacelles are part of that look. Who knows until we see the trailer with James Bond.

Old 10-18-2008, 06:53 PM
Ensign

organic?? like carrots or turnips???

this ain't sounding all too well
Old 10-20-2008, 04:55 PM
Lieutenant Commander

I suspect that at the end of the day - this 'Future-is-Here' version of our beloved NCC-1701 will be the ruling ship of all time... as it will combine the spirit of TOS Enterprise w/ the 21st-Century-state-of-the-art-movie technology.
Old 10-21-2008, 02:43 AM
Captain

If they're smart, they'll make it look a little like Vektor's version. To wit:

"Now I did a job -- and got nothin' but trouble since I did it, not to mention more than a few unkind words as regard to my character, so let me make this abundantly clear: I do the job... and then I get paid. Go run your little world."
Old 10-21-2008, 02:47 AM
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJTrek View Post
there have been several sources saying the ship is more "organic", and that larger nacelles are part of that look.
Please for the love of all that is good in the world tell me you're joking. "Organic"? That's about as bad as the new Knight Rider's KITT having a T-1000 "nano poly thingamajigger hoo haw" skin on it, or whatever is supposedly allowing a car to shapeshift.

I don't know what's more pathetic, that Hollywood is churning out such garbage or that audiences are allowing Hollywood to churn out such garbage.
"Now I did a job -- and got nothin' but trouble since I did it, not to mention more than a few unkind words as regard to my character, so let me make this abundantly clear: I do the job... and then I get paid. Go run your little world."
Old 10-21-2008, 03:13 AM
Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJTrek View Post
there have been several sources saying the ship is more "organic", and that larger nacelles are part of that look. Who knows until we see the trailer with James Bond.
All ready got my tickets, not for the film, couldnt give a second thought for these new Bond films but I have to see the trailer!
Old 10-21-2008, 05:36 AM
Vice Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saint View Post

I really like this design. I like deg's version better, but this one is pretty nice. It's original and completely recognizeable as the original NCC-1701, yet detailed enough to translate nicely to the big screen. Unfortunately, nothing like this will be seen in the movie. It is already apparent by the "new" look of the bridge, that J.J. and company have completely thrown any simblance of historical accuracy out the window. The "new" NCC-1701 will only be recognizeable as the Enterprise because it has a saucer, two nacelles, and an engineering section. The look will be completely different. My money is on Gabe Koerner's design. It's nice, but it's not the Enterprise. Oh well, we just need to live with it. Nothing can be changed now. It's done. So quit griping! That means me!!
Old 10-21-2008, 05:41 AM
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saint View Post

Wow, that just rocks. Some slight texture changes and at once she looks like grand enough for the big screen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I-Am-Zim View Post
I really like this design. I like deg's version better, but this one is pretty nice. It's original and completely recognizeable as the original NCC-1701, yet detailed enough to translate nicely to the big screen. Unfortunately, nothing like this will be seen in the movie. It is already apparent by the "new" look of the bridge, that J.J. and company have completely thrown any simblance of historical accuracy out the window. The "new" NCC-1701 will only be recognizeable as the Enterprise because it has a saucer, two nacelles, and an engineering section. The look will be completely different. My money is on Gabe Koerner's design. It's nice, but it's not the Enterprise. Oh well, we just need to live with it. Nothing can be changed now. It's done. So quit griping! That means me!!
I don't think that the exterior of the E will be changed very much, while Paramount allowed JJ et al to change the interior, they were more restrictive on the E. And while I would not mind seeing something like Koerner's version, I don't think that they will do much more than changing the skin.
It is like with the D7, give it some texture and you get the K'tinga which looks great on the big screen.
Old 10-21-2008, 06:49 AM
Vice Admiral

I hope you're right.