The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Off Topic Discussions > Negative Adds
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-19-2008, 11:25 AM
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livingston View Post
Is that Tony Banks solo? I still have to get into some of his solo work!

It was the lead track from his album Still that was released in 1991, shortly after We Can't Dance was released by GENESIS. You've gotta hear the song itself- awesome! The rest of the album is great too.

It is very important to vote!! We still have liberties in this country that are only dreamed of in other places. It is a fool thing not to exercise them even if you wind up writing-in Bill the cat for president. Remember, it was mentioned on another thread that this is one reason why W. wound up winning in 2004, because so many registered voters who hated Bush more than Kerry decided not to vote.

So go out there and vote for whomever you hate less!
Old 10-19-2008, 11:57 AM
Vice Admiral

Yeah, they are getting annoying. I can't even watch the end of my Panthers win over New Orleans ( Yipee!) without enjoying Obama attacking McCain.

Old 10-19-2008, 06:34 PM
Vice Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by vuedoc View Post
It is very important to vote!! It is a fool thing not to exercise them even if you wind up writing-in Bill the cat for president.
So go out there and vote for whomever you hate less!
Maybe that would be a fitting way to say goodbye to Opus - writing in Bill the Cat.
Old 10-20-2008, 06:52 AM
Ensign

This is my first chance to vote in an election and while I have already sent in my absentee ballot it was really hard for me to make a decision. I watched the debates and I listened to patitioners on both sides, but I still basically went with a gut decision and not so much of an informed one. I know I will have more elections to choose from, but for my first one, this is kinda the fail. But yes, totally ready for it all to be over.

"It's worked so far but we're not out yet."- Leonard "Bones" McCoy
Old 10-20-2008, 03:45 PM
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tribblez View Post
This is my first chance to vote in an election and while I have already sent in my absentee ballot it was really hard for me to make a decision. I watched the debates and I listened to patitioners on both sides, but I still basically went with a gut decision and not so much of an informed one. I know I will have more elections to choose from, but for my first one, this is kinda the fail. But yes, totally ready for it all to be over.

The operative word is "decision." Many people across the globe do not get the chance to make one. However we base our choices we must be grateful that we are able to make them. Kudos to your early vote. When I was in college, so many people never bothered to send in absentee ballots. It was as though they were just content to be within their own microcosm known as "school."
Old 10-20-2008, 07:20 PM
Rear Admiral

The was the politicians run their campaigns, it's no wonder so many people don't vote, and even though I'm not of age, I'm already disgusted in some ways by politics. Every hour of every day we're reminded that it's election year, and the ads are a big part of it. The funny thing is they can't seem to say much good about themselves, only bad things about an opponent. Guess it's just too hard to find good in the corruption that is Washington.

Old 10-20-2008, 09:31 PM
Ensign

The amount of campaigning and registering going on in the Big Ten college scene right now is ridiculous. In fact the early voter turnout at my school was so intense a few people from my residency class waited for 3 hours just to vote. I was very happy to be able to just mail and go.

"It's worked so far but we're not out yet."- Leonard "Bones" McCoy