The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Off Topic Discussions > The Force Unleashed for the Wii
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-16-2008, 10:30 AM
Admiral

Default The Force Unleashed for the Wii

I only have a Wii so I rented it for the Wii. I wanted to buy but with the Wii controller I decided to try before I buy. And Im going to say I GOING TO BUY I only got to play for about 30 minutes during lunch but WOW! The control system on the Wii is awsome! The controls are VERY intuitive the best use of the Wii controls of any game that wasn't put out by Nintendo. I Highly Recomend any Star Wars fan and any action game fan check it out! I'll probably be able ot play the XBOX 360 version soon at my brothers so I'll have a good comparison of them.
Founding member of The League of Extraordinary Oddballs
A new tech support site http://www.community.jvgeek.com
Old 09-16-2008, 10:43 AM
Federation Councillor

Hmm good to know!
Old 09-16-2008, 10:59 AM
Admiral

Yea I was worried the controls would be clunky or not fluid but its one of the Wii Control scemes I've seen.
Old 09-16-2008, 11:01 AM
Federation Councillor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jed Starkiller View Post
Yea I was worried the controls would be clunky or not fluid but its one of the Wii Control scemes I've seen.
Another godo selling point for the Wii
Old 09-16-2008, 08:17 PM
Vice Admiral

I don't understand the Wii - do you have to hit buttons on the controller as you swing it around? Somehow that sounds like a recipe for disaster.
Old 09-16-2008, 10:29 PM
Fleet Admiral

In general: the Wii remote is sensitive to hand movement, so most of the action is motion-based. Hitting the A button or the B trigger on the remote create specific actions, but the point is to play in 3D space around you. And that's a very good reason why there's a wrist strap on the remote! On the other hand, I've never let go of it while playing yet.

This is one of the reasons an 'oldie' like me could pick up game play on the Wii quickly, because the interface is intuitive: if I want to duel Darth Maul with a lightsaber or challenge scalawags as Jack Sparrow, I actually swing away with my remote -- I don't have to press some odd alphabet soup of buttons to perform a manuver.

Parry, thrust... another foe vanquished!

MISSION:TREK's in-depth review of STAR TREK

Proud member of the Friends of Zardoz Association. Avatar courtesy of Eliza's House of Avatars with three convenient locations near you. Free balloons for the kids!
Old 09-17-2008, 12:32 AM
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissionTrek08 View Post
In general: the Wii remote is sensitive to hand movement, so most of the action is motion-based. Hitting the A button or the B trigger on the remote create specific actions, but the point is to play in 3D space around you. And that's a very good reason why there's a wrist strap on the remote! On the other hand, I've never let go of it while playing yet.

This is one of the reasons an 'oldie' like me could pick up game play on the Wii quickly, because the interface is intuitive: if I want to duel Darth Maul with a lightsaber or challenge scalawags as Jack Sparrow, I actually swing away with my remote -- I don't have to press some odd alphabet soup of buttons to perform a manuver.

Parry, thrust... another foe vanquished!
Aye, but beware the curse of the sweaty palm...lest ye' sling thy Wii controller right into thy tv.

I'm waiting to get this for the PS3...although the reviews I've read overall about this title for any system have been mixed, tilting slightly to the not so good side. In playing the demo, I wasn't really wowed...and from what I understand, your Force powers become almost useless against tougher enemies.

However, I do want to get this game because it is official canon in the Star Wars universe.

Old 09-17-2008, 01:02 AM
Vice Admiral

Hello my friend jed,friday's the day for me,tell me do you know if the 360 version has 2 releases,one special edition and one regular?
Old 09-17-2008, 01:27 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by martok2112 View Post
Aye, but beware the curse of the sweaty palm...lest ye' sling thy Wii controller right into thy tv.

I'm waiting to get this for the PS3...although the reviews I've read overall about this title for any system have been mixed, tilting slightly to the not so good side. In playing the demo, I wasn't really wowed...and from what I understand, your Force powers become almost useless against tougher enemies.

However, I do want to get this game because it is official canon in the Star Wars universe.
I got the PS2 version today and it is quite a bit of fun, but you're right. The force powers are pretty useless against most bosses, I just keep hitting them 'til the fall but may not be utilizing everything you can. It's not one of those games that is clear when you first play it, probably easier and more cool ways to vanquish enemies, tough ones as well, but I'd say that comes with some replay action. But in the basic levels there is plenty of breathing room for coming up with inventive ways to use your powers to take out enemies. On a definite plus, the story is pretty engrossing, especially if you're a starwars fan.

Got to get a PS3 sometime cause that version of the game looks quite a bit better!

"Death, delicious strawberry flavored death!"
Old 09-17-2008, 05:08 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtrek79 View Post
Hello my friend jed,friday's the day for me,tell me do you know if the 360 version has 2 releases,one special edition and one regular?
I have not heard I'd bet they will come out with soemthing eventually. But I dont know for sure.

I really want to see it on a 360 or PS3 they have the DDM and Euphoria engines.