The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Star Trek XI: The Movie > Constitution Class Launched
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-07-2008, 03:13 PM
Fleet Admiral

Default Constitution Class Launched

This is a news article from the Star Trek Space Flight Chronology.

USS ENTERPRISE, CONSTITUTION CLASS
ROBERT APRIL, CAPTAIN

Year: 2188
Captain's Log:

As we approach Sarbase 4 at the conclusion of this shakedwn cruise of the Enterprise, I'd like to report each Officer's Impressions concerning the ship's systems functioning, beginining with myself. Straight out, this is simply the best starship I have ever sailed. From my command station at the center of the bridge, I have had the pleasure of commanding the Enterprise through stardates of complex stress tests and emergency simulations, and the maneuverability, responsiveness, and overall spaceworthiness of the vessel are starggering. Everything is better-helm handling, warp capability, shielding, phaser power , even the food. While I've let my officers evaluate their respective systems, I think i can speak for the whole crew when I state my conviction that the Enterprise and its fellow Constitution Class Vessels will become the cutting edge of a great leap forward in the galactic security and exploration.

CHARLES FOURRIER, CHEIF ENGINEERING OFFICER
Engineering Log:

Since the engineering on the Enterprise differs from all previous starships on account of the intergration of the dilithiium into the warpe engines, I cannot make substantive comparisons with older systems. It is safe to say, however, that the Enterperise's engineering is vastly superior to any predecessor's. The dilithium convertor assembly allows for cruising speeds of up to warp 6, and stress test ahve achieved warp 8.5 withough serious break down, whouth a flow sensor did malfunction at that speed. The two-nacelle design delivers symmetrical matter/antimater field flux, and the warp engagement delay and warp acceleration are substantially better than I've ever known. in diaster simulation, the auxilary impulse unit delieverd as much lifesaving power and sub-war maneuverability as I could expect. In sum, the Enterprise's engines are better designed, stronger and faster than any previous starship in Federation history. They are beautiful.

KAREN VAN FLEET, COMMUNICATIONS OFFICER
Communications Log:

Communications on board the Enterprise is excellent. Subspace radio transmission of warp 30 is now possible due to the increased warp power designated for comunications. Telemetry encoding has been flawless: even communications three day's travel away, 221.7 light--years, are transmitted and recieved without error, in sharp contrast to the garbled messages previous ships would on occasion recieve at a quarter the distance. Space noise damping is -90 decibels, and frequency response on all hailing and sideband channesl is accurate to 10^9 MHz. I would rate Enterprise communications as excellent, bordering on superb.

LUIS FERARRA, HELMSMAN
Helmsman's Log:

The Enterprise is a joy to steer. Its turning radius is sharper than you would expect in such a large craft, an the helm's resoponse is quicker than ay I've eer sat behind. I'm not crazy about having the Captain's chair directly behind mine, since it's hard to shake the feeling he's looking over my shoulder all the time, but the time delay between the giving of acommand and it's execution is that much faster. The Enterprise's weaponry a marked improvent over previous sytems. The forward and rear laser banks can discharge stronger and fster than anything I've ever fired. But I would be less than honest if I didn't say this remarkably innoavtive ship is using waonry first developed a century ago. Even still, I sure wouldn't want to cross this ship.

GREGOR ALLINSKY, SCIENCE OFFICER
Science Log:

Some significant improvements have been designed into the Science Console, notably, a much greater sensor capability. The warp-assisted long range sensor, both tight focused and wide scan, can sweep fore and aft ships to distances up to 30 light years, while the capability of close-range sensors is simply unbelievable, as they can detect individual molecules in the interstellar void.

But the most extraordinary science innovation is the amazing new on-board computer. With the duotronic circuits installed, the Enterprise's computer contains practically the whole of present galactic knowledge, making my taks as Science Officer immeasurably easier. My duty tour aboard the Enterprise will be a pleasure.

SARAH APRIL, M.D., MEDICIAL OFFICER
Medical Log:

I am on the whole satisfied with the Sickbay and auxillary medical facilites available on the Enteprise. Landing party tricorders are more poweful and have a much greater diagnostic range because of the duotronic assisted transtator circuits. The Sick Bay's Metabolic Analyzer is excellent, as is most surgical and post-opperative equipment

howeer, the Enterprise has a much, much greater range than any previous starship. It is going to go farther and run into more kinds of trouble than any preivous ship, and I have my doubts that the Sick Bay is capable of responding to all the demands examinging this situation, and I'm confident that some significant improvements can be made in this area.

Old 03-07-2008, 03:26 PM
Lieutenant

2188? WTH?

What happened to 2245? Daedalus class starships were in use from 2161 to at least 2195, IIRC.
Old 03-07-2008, 03:44 PM
Midshipman

Quote:
Originally Posted by tejdog1 View Post
2188? WTH?

What happened to 2245? Daedalus class starships were in use from 2161 to at least 2195, IIRC.
The old chronology was based on the role playing game at the time, early eighties, so it did not have the official date from next gen to go by.

your reckoning is accurate as of end of season one tng. 2245 is correct.

oh and hello trek fans.
Old 03-07-2008, 03:31 PM
Fleet Admiral

Yep.
The original idea was that Enterprise was ship with a history.
The dadelus class was still in use but being phased out with the intro of the Constitution.

Old 03-07-2008, 04:21 PM
Fleet Admiral

you must be older to know that.
I didn't even know that.

I thought it was intresting that none of the original characters were part of the crew.
AND Robert's wife was part crew...MO.

Old 03-12-2008, 06:47 AM
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saquist View Post
you must be older to know that.
I didn't even know that.

I thought it was intresting that none of the original characters were part of the crew.
AND Robert's wife was part crew...MO.
That was revealed in TAS's "The Counter-Clock Incident"

Sarah April designed many medical instruments used by McCoy and his contemporaries.
Old 03-12-2008, 11:42 AM
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by starbase63 View Post
That was revealed in TAS's "The Counter-Clock Incident"

Sarah April designed many medical instruments used by McCoy and his contemporaries.
WOW that's intresting know....I think she gave the best critism of the officers logs.

Old 03-13-2008, 09:37 AM
Captain

I found this as I was searching for a TOS episode guide:

http://www.pjfarmer.com/woldnewton/Startrek.htm

There is a link to PDF file that you can save. He has gone and created a timeline encompassing the WHOLE Star Trek Universe, including books, comics, etc.

I don't think I have enough time in my life to read through all 184 pages, but it is listed in chronological order and dates back to the beginning of time. He basically includes any date that has ever been mentioned in a book, movie, etc. The first pages do a brief overview, then the remaining ones go into ALOT of detail.

Maybe some of the answers you all are looking for is in here. Good Luck!
Old 03-13-2008, 09:39 AM
Captain

Oh, and by the way, I know that alot of it isn't canon (like the books & comics), but it is still interesting to see how it all lays out!
Old 03-07-2008, 05:14 PM
Rear Admiral

Wow!
That's very interesting to know...