The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > General Star Trek Discussions > Most attractive Trek alien races?
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Most sttractive Trek alien races?
Orion 2 14.29%
Vulcan 8 57.14%
Bajoran 2 14.29%
Trill 4 28.57%
Klingon 1 7.14%
Cardassian 1 7.14%
Vorta 0 0%
Andorian 2 14.29%
Borg 0 0%
Romulan (TNG) 4 28.57%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-05-2009, 11:06 AM
Lieutenant

Wink Most attractive Trek alien races?

Which of the non-human races in Star Trek universe do you find overall the sexiest (physically attractive, interesting, etc.)? Not counting those who look 100% like humans (most TOS "aliens", for instance).

For me, it's Vulcans followed by Cardassians.

Bajorans aren't bad either (the nose is cute and I like the earring :-)).

Of course, TOS Romulans who looked just like Vulcans would be on the list, but definitely not the uglified TNG and post-TNG Romulans. Not just that the makeup is ugly, it also doesn't look natural at all, it just screams "this is makeup!"

Yes to this:

No to this:

Old 07-05-2009, 11:09 AM
Lieutenant

True, most of the races I've mentioned look very similar to humans and the actors don't wear an awful lot of makeup, but sometimes the differences are a turn-on rather than a turn-off. The cute pointy ears and upswept eyebrows give Vulcans a certain elfish/devilish/mysterious/exotic look. But they're also interesting because of the whole suppression of emotions/exceptionally strong emotions smoldering underneath thing, as well as their great physical strengh, enhanced senses, and amazing mental abilities (telepathy, mind-meld...).

Old 07-05-2009, 11:09 AM
Lieutenant

But Cardassians are an especially interesting case because they're the only alien race with extensive makeup that gives them a distinctly alien look, that I actually find attractive (unlike, for instance, post-TOS Klingon makeup, which tends to uglify actors). What's even more interesting, I think that pretty much every actor who's ever played a Cardassian was sexier as a Cardie than as a human. There must be something about the reptilian look that adds the dangerous/sexy aura, and their look is very masculine, with those strong ridged necks, and uniforms that show off the best aspects of the body.

I guess can't judge the women the same way since I'm not into women, but I still think that some of the Cardie women also looked gorgeous, sometimes in a slightly scary/Goth way.

Last edited by DevilEyes : 07-05-2009 at 11:23 AM.
Old 07-05-2009, 11:11 AM
Lieutenant

Cute Bajoran noses and earrings: :-)

from Bajoran to Cardie - lovely in both versions:

Old 07-05-2009, 11:20 AM
Lieutenant

On the other hand, while I know that many people find Klingons attractive, I find the Klingon look and typical behaviour a huge turnoff. I never even found Worf sexy and was surprised to see how handsome Michael Dorn is in real life - and Worf is probably the best of them, since he looks like he takes care of personal hygiene and does not act like a drunken moron. :-D But most Klingons, I'm afraid, just look like and act like neanderthals. Not to mention that they'd bore me to death talking about honor. Ugh. Not even a promise of rough sex could ever make up for that.

I know many people will disagree, but I prefer this: to this:
although it's definitely much, much better than this (thank god they realized they needed to give him a less unattractive makeup!):
Old 07-05-2009, 05:07 PM
Lieutenant Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilEyes View Post
But Cardassians are an especially interesting case because they're the only alien race with extensive makeup that gives them a distinctly alien look, that I actually find attractive (unlike, for instance, post-TOS Klingon makeup, which tends to uglify actors). What's even more interesting, I think that pretty much every actor who's ever played a Cardassian was sexier as a Cardie than as a human. There must be something about the reptilian look that adds the dangerous/sexy aura, and their look is very masculine, with those strong ridged necks, and uniforms that show off the best aspects of the body.

*faints*

I'm sorry.... you were saying?... Seems like you and I have the same tastes in aliens...

Old 07-05-2009, 11:06 PM
Lieutenant

Quote:

**clears throat and takes a deep breath**

Interesting, indeed. Which ST show are these guys in?
Old 07-06-2009, 07:50 PM
Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by horatio View Post
I agree about your points concerning Vulcans, if you'd make a poll, Spock would probably be considered the most sexy male Trek character, while the mens's vote would probably be a bit more ambiguous, featuring Klingons, Vulcans, Orions and Borg. But B'Etor would still get my vote.
They'll probably be some Trills, Bajorans and Betazoids mentioned, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiko Kea View Post
**clears throat and takes a deep breath**

Interesting, indeed. Which ST show are these guys in?
Deep Space Nine. You haven't seen it? That mistake must be corrected soon It was a great show.
Old 07-07-2009, 06:43 PM
Lieutenant

Quote:
They'll probably be some Trills, Bajorans and Betazoids mentioned, too.

Deep Space Nine. You haven't seen it? That mistake must be corrected soon It was a great show.
No- I didn't see anything past the first year or so of TNG....just busy with newborns, etc. However, I think I'll look into the DVD sets- I'm in a Trekkin' mood, nowadays!