The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Off Topic Discussions > Another test shot for my upcoming YouTube Galactica series....
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-18-2011, 09:09 PM
Fleet Admiral

Default Another test shot for my upcoming YouTube Galactica series....

Here's another test shot....Colonial Warriors on Desert Planet. This time, as you'll notice, they're sporting blaster rifles. (All I did was elongate the barrel detail and enlarge slightly the back detail of the Colonial Blaster Pistol, and add a scope and bullpup mag slot). The rifles are designed to have removable bullpup styled magazines, and the electronic scope on the rifle will have a surface on the eyepiece side which can display video of the target.
This could be a shot from an upcoming episode, but for now, I just thought it was the ideal place to show off an exploratory team sporting heavier firepower.

Old 01-19-2011, 04:50 AM
Fleet Admiral

I see you're keeping it the original Galactica style.

Old 01-19-2011, 09:11 AM
Federation Councillor

Nice........where the Dirk Benedict-alike come from? Was that a figure you had to create or one you could put in the frame?

courtesy of Saquist
Old 01-19-2011, 10:16 AM
Fleet Admiral

Indeed, Saquist. Most of my online friends who are into Galactica are into the classic series. However, if my upcoming YouTube series proves popular enough, I may tackle my more ambitious Galactica project...another retelling of the fall of the Colonies and the exodus called "Galactica: The Last Battlestar" which blends elements of both the original and new series in such a way that it works....and one that doesn't incense fans of either show.

Kevin, believe it or not, that is the default face for the avatar Jack Casual in iClone. Surprisingly enough, it turned out to look just enough like the original Starbuck that I just left it alone.

iClone does have the ability though to graft photos of faces onto the avatars. (The female character I have standing on one of the statue blocks at the pyramid is based on Natalie Portman, and the female character I have on the landram's gun turrets is based on Ellen Page).

Old 01-19-2011, 11:34 AM
Fleet Admiral

And now, here's another quickie test video (with sound effects) testing out the swivel turret and laser effects on a moving landram. It's Starbuck and Athena. Oh, noes....they are being attacked by Cylons.
This video will also demonstrate that the shadows do not work so perfectly. I hope this is something iClone can rectify in a future update/version.