The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > General Star Trek Discussions > TV Shows > Voyager > EMH Backup Module
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-22-2010, 11:11 PM
Ensign

Default EMH Backup Module

I was watching the Ep. Gravity the other day and thought to myself remember all the times that the Doc was like my program could be lost and gets all worried all the time about it? Well I was also watching the Ep. Where the Doctors Backup Module is found on a planet VOY helped out and it's his full program and it's still functions 700 years later underground. So to the point of this whole post is why is the Doctor so worried about losing his program if the backup module would have his program pretty much updated to the second he went offline? Even if he was in the mobile emitter his program would have been the same as the last time we transfered out of VOY computer. So to end the whole thread even if they lost Paris and Tuvok wouldn't they still have the Doctors backup? And the time that he left for the alpha quadrant they would've had the back-up? And the time he wanted to leave the ship to sing on that planet? And all the other times that i can't think of off hand?
Old 05-22-2010, 11:25 PM
Ensign

Another thing because i like to make threads that encompass alot of things. In the next Ep. Bliss. Seven trys to access the captains logs and couldn't then goes over to the wall removes one chip and gets access to her logs and several other things throughout the series security is tighter on other things you think captians logs would be harder to get to. Like if i remember correctly someone trys to access some holodeck logs and they were really hard to figure out.
Old 05-23-2010, 12:30 PM
Lieutenant

Season 4 Episode, Living Witness.

One question I have is why did Janeway and crew allow all that Federation technology to be left behind? They don't even have an explanation how that stuff got to the planet.

Photon torpedo, tricoder, doc's backup program, a phaser, a pad, et al. I know they've had to break the PD several times, but they've always cleaned up after themselves where they could.

They found a partial schematic of Voyager in the ocean?

I mean c'mon.

Ya gotta love fantasy.
Old 05-23-2010, 01:30 PM
Ensign

Well, the doctor is his program, so it's only natural for him to worry about it, even if there are back-ups and fail-safes.

check out my blog @ www.hendrices.com/joesblog/
and my bros blog @ http://www.hendrices.com/ryansblog/