View Single Post
Old 02-04-2008, 05:13 PM
Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadshot View Post
As a Trekkie, or Trekker if you prefer, I of course hope the movie does well. But I wonder what everyone is thinking about AFTER a successful movie?

Star Trek lived more through T.V. then the movies. This cast, because of some of the Big Stars, will not create T.V. series. So where does this go?

You can't have a pre-quel T.V. series, that's the only series that has died. So what do you do after this movie that sets the light on the stage back to The Original Series (TOS).

Again, I'm just curious for some input. Assuming, and hoping, that the movie is a Blockbuster success, what's your next move?
What I'm hoping this movie will accomplish, is a "shot in the arm" for the Star Trek franchise. I am hoping this will help to keep Star Trek as being the most popular Sci-Fi franchise for a long time to come, and will help to ensure that the legacy which has given us all so much inspiration and enjoyment, is passed as a torch to a new generation so that the "vision" doesn't grow old and disappear.

I'd say a new series would be a great idea, but creativity is such that a "prequel" may not necessarilly be required for that to happen.

Last edited by SouthernSpockette : 02-04-2008 at 05:18 PM.