View Single Post
Old 02-04-2008, 03:21 PM
Isaac Lawrence

What am I hoping the movie will accomplish?

First, like most, I hope the movie is successful. And I don't want it to just be a success with Trekkies and Trekkers. I want it to have mainstream success, and hopefully J.J. Abrams is setting it up for that.

Beyond that, I want the movie to lead to a spin-off television series. And since there's no reason not to ask for the moon, I want that television series in a prime time slot on CBS.

And no, I don't want any kind of continuation of anything from the past 20 years of Star Trek shows. No, wipe the slate clean and pick up where the movie left off. Whatever vision J.J. Abrams and the others set forth in the movie (assuming of course the movie has mainstream success), then that's the vision I want to see in a spin-off television series.

And a spin-off television series doesn't necessarily have to be Enterprise-centric. Again, just a continuation of whatever new vision of Star Trek from the movie will suffice; be it a show that focuses on Starfleet or Starfleet Academy, another ship, or just simply life in the 23rd century.

"To the moon, Alice! To the moon!"