View Single Post
Old 02-04-2008, 05:56 AM
Midshipman

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwertyplop View Post
Too many Star Trek fans think Star Trek is their dirty little secret but this film - IMO - is going to change all that. Get with the program or get out of the way..!!
But, but, but, I NEED my dirty little secret... my Trek... ALLL MIINNNNNNEEEEE... muwahahahhahaha.

In all seriousness, can we please stop the canon-lover bashing? Everyone has their right to be involved in their own little way they find appealing to their sense and sensibility. Though I agree they can sometimes be overzealous, it is as much out of their love for Trek as what each of us does. To sit here and bash them is going to make them feel left out, unwanted, and then we won't get the opinions from the fringeworthy folks for their feelings, concerns, desires, and all of us may miss out on a point that would sorely need to be remembered.

All of that being said, from what I've read across the internet, I think Mr. Abrams and crew will do just fine, and what we'll see in December will be, at least, able to be added to the overall Star Trek encyclopedia. In fact, from what I've read, I wouldn't doubt that this Trek will have the biggest opening weekend since Science Fiction, as a genre, hit the big screen.