View Single Post
Old 02-03-2008, 06:19 PM
Midshipman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saavik View Post
I was really interested in what quotes they would have choosen for the trailer. And now I'm a bit disappointed, that they didn't really change anything. That makes us somewhat less important than the other countries... especially if we are really the biggest non- english- speaking market, I would have expected something better than translating one sentence.
I don't see why that makes Germany seem less important. As far as I know Russia is the only country that got totally different quotes. All the other countries just got the trailer translated. Why the German one has just one sentence translated? IMHO this presents Germany in a rather POSITIVE light; as a country where many people are well-versed in the English language. And really; would you have want them to translate something iconic like Kennedy's speech? That'd just sound strange ...
Beyond the rim of the starlight | My love is wandring in star flight | I know he'll find | In star clustered reaches | Love, strange love | A starwoman teaches | I know his journey ends never | His Star Trek will go on forever | But tell him while | He wanders his starry sea | Remember | Remember me