View Single Post
Old 03-30-2008, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Botany Bay View Post
Or as much as marriage being a demand of God?

However, what I tryed to adress is, that I find it strange to see marriage as a matter of staying physically healthy, as if it where a medical drug, instead of a bond for life between complex individuals with their very individual and complex needs, hopes and wishes.
It almost hurts me to say this, because i know where this is going to go. And it's not my intention to begin some sort of religious debate. But i only believe in what i experience. And i believe in God because i have felt His presence, and heard His voice and seen Him work in my life and the lives of others. I don't believe in Bigfoot, U.F.O's, or The Loch Ness Monster because i've not seen, heard or otherwise experienced them in any way. Neither have i ever felt anything like some kind of "love force" for anyone. There are people i like, there are people i like so much that i'm willing to do things for them that i'd normally balk at if i didn't. But i've never seen some woman on the street or in a crowded room or anyplace else and felt some sort of mystical attraction toward her, or anyone else. It just hasn't been part of my personal experience. Oh, i've felt chemistry allright, i've experienced biological attraction to some female i thought was good looking. Yes, i've felt that, but some sort of immediate knowledge that "This is it! She's the one for me! The one i've waited for all my life! I'm in *L-O-V-E*!"? Nope, never encountered such a thing. And i've lived over half my life expectancy. That's the point i'm trying to make.