View Single Post
Old 05-28-2013, 12:35 PM
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin View Post
I believe so. Now, I can't recall what Marcus said about the torpedo's when he briefed Kirk and Spock about them in his office but if they were essentially secret equipment he may not have wanted non approved officers knowing too much about their operation. He wanted the ship to use them on a covert assassination strike in enemy territory, he didn't need the people on the ship to know their innards.

That's without being able to remember what exactly was said about them. But they were pretty much meant to be top secret tech and Scotty I think basically was not in a 'need to know' position. Despite being Chief Engineer. The secrecy around them is after all, supposedly why Carol Marcus forged her way aboard to find out what was special about them.
I can't remember 100% either. I assume Khan thought Starfleet may use the "long range" torpedoes he was designing when he went to Qo'noS, no? How else was he planning to get his crew back? What I don't understand is why Khan would risk the lives of his crew then by leaving active warheads in those torpedoes. Or did he remove the warheads and then Admiral Marcus discovered what was going on and put the warheads back in them to kill 73 birds with one stone? If Admiral Marcus didn't know how those torpedoes worked it was pretty negligent of him to ship them to the Enterprise. Did Admiral Marcus not consider Khan may betray him? Also the warp core crapped out just outside the Klingon neutral zone, did we ever find out why? Was that just an unfortunate accident or was that sabotage?