View Single Post
Old 05-28-2013, 02:52 AM
Vice Admiral

Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, Europe, Terra - ZZ9 PluralZAlpha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enterprise Captain View Post
I loved the scene but what pulled me out of it was that I knew they were going to use Khan's blood to bring him back. On a side note why couldn't they have just used the blood of one of the 72 augments they had onboard? You could see Kirk's resurrection coming from a mile away. I agree that leaving him dead in this film would have lead to fans assuming the next film will be "The Search for Kirk" but that's why killing Kirk and leaving him dead would have been a very bold move and would have made that scene that much more powerful. Though we would have to wait for the next one with out Kirk to find out he wasn't coming back. I honestly thought in ST2009 that the destruction of Vulcan was going to be reset some how and I was pleasantly surprised when that didn't happen. Unfortunately the after effects of that event from the perspective of the Vulcan people can't really be explored in these films and that exploration would be more suited to a TV series.
I suppose they didn't use blood from one of the other seventy-odd superhumans because at that point they only knew about the properties of Khan's blood. There was no guarantee that any of the others shared that trait. They didn't necessarily need Khan, or even need him alive, but he was the only known source of regenerative blood.

If Spock had disintegrated him then the story dictates that one of the other augments possessed the same regenerative properties.

At this point I'd love a new Trek series that explores the loss of Vulcan.

Preferably set in the Primeverse 25th century or so, but crossing universes into nuTrek in some fashion.

(And an indirectly founding patron of the Elizadolots Avatar Thingy.)