View Single Post
Old 12-26-2012, 04:29 AM
Fleet Admiral

"There is nothing sexier, believe me, gentlemen, than a woman you have to salute in the morning." Col. Nathan Jessup, A Few Good Men

Such has become the demand of feminism lately that a story like Robin Hood can no longer have Maid Marion be in the traditional and time honored role of "damsel in distress". No, now she has to be an *** kicker of equivalent or superior skill to Robin Hood.

And now, in contemporary stories, one cannot have damsels in distress, period! Not without a massive outcry from the uber-feminists. "Women are capable of action! Why is that woman, the heroine of the film/story, tied up to a chair, suspended above a pool of water with a shark fin circling it, and with a razor sharp pendulum swinging closer to the suspension ropes over her head, her chair rigged with a rope that is tied to the trigger of a shotgun leveled between her eyes...and a ticking time bomb off to her right?! Why must she wait on the man of the movie to save her from a predicament that she should've been smart enough, or capable enough to avoid?! And if she must be the one to be rescued, then why not have a womyn rescue her?!"

The reason I like the damsel in distress approach is because I should hope that my girlfriend (should I ever luck out to have one again someday) would look up to me as her protector, as well as her lover and best friend. While I would certainly ensure that she has the means to take care of herself, I sure in the hell don't want her resenting me if I should have to rescue her...because otherwise, I'd likely just say: "Ok" and give her back to her captors. "Fend for yourself. I'll be at home when you get finished."

Women are demanding to be allowed onto today's military battlefield. That's all well and good. I can applaud that. It is an honorable and noble cause. But, and I do not say this to be snide or insensitive, they do have a certain, ummm....medical tendency....comes once a month....that would not be conducive to the combat environment they wish to support. My God, just imagine the ramifications?!

I mean....if we let women onto the battlefield to fight alongside men, and during some of the most terrible fighting some of the women have their "monthly bill" come due....well, you can see where this is going.....

I mean....what's gonna be left of the enemy for our men to kill?

(ha ha ha ha....had ya'! Admit it! )

To be honest, I should hope that a woman in a position of power (especially in terms of the military) is an exceptional individual, just as I hope that the men and women like what I served under when I was in the military are exceptional individuals that I can model myself after.

Last edited by martok2112 : 12-26-2012 at 04:34 AM.