View Single Post
Old 12-19-2012, 03:53 AM
Captain

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by martok2112 View Post
Ultimately, the focus of this thread (and I am willing to certainly step down on this whole "gun debate" matter, because this divides the unity of focus, and I do feel like I sort of unbalanced or derailed the thread with my views...so call me guilty ) is the loss of little ones, and others, to an unspeakable act. And on top of that, the unspeakable act committed by someone that we can now no longer prosecute. That's why, being the spiritual person I am, I pray for his just punishments for each and every life he took, and each and every life he destroyed as a result of his actions. We are all going to have our views on the peripheral aspects of the case, but we are all agreed that something like this should never have happened, and we hope against hope we never see or hear of something so vile ever again.

Peace, amigo?
This ^^

Many of the threads I'm in on this subject on other boards have become mired on the gun issue and the mental health issue.

Yesterday afternoon, I drove by the funeral home where Vicki Soto's wake would be last night. It's literally a minute's drive down the street from my house. The green across the street from it was taped off and the area was full of State Police and our own cops. She's going to be buried in a few hours in the same cemetary where my father-in-law and other members of my wife's family are. It drove home to me just how close to home this incident is.

Let's not forget the victims and their families.

Last edited by starbase63 : 12-19-2012 at 03:58 AM.