View Single Post
Old 12-18-2012, 05:03 AM
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by MigueldaRican View Post
I can't though. I can't debate it. It's just such a gray area. I think really, the fear is trusting people. I think like you said the fear is trusting someone other than those whose actual job is to carry a gun. So I really find that I'm with you on most things regarding this issue.
Understood. Yes it is a very gray area....and indeed a most reasonable fear, and one more cemented given recent events.

A parent should never have to kiss their little child goodbye when sending them off to school, and wonder if they're ever going to see them again. That is a fear that should be reserved for those whose grown children serve as police or military, not for small children; sons and daughters, nieces, nephews and grandchildren who dream of nice Christmases (or holiday that represents their joyous times), happy birthdays, playing with their pets, Saturday morning cartoons (do those even exist anymore?), and all the other fanciful things that little kids are wont to think of.

A child should never have to say bye bye to their mommies and daddies, and wonder if they're going to go home after school, to the safety of house and home, and the loving arms of their parents.

Speaking relatively, our children still have it fairly good here in the U.S. with safety and security. There are other countries, as we all well know, where children must deal with warfare every day of their lives, even while attending school, or taking a trip to market. Such children are forced to grow up fast, and learn how to survive.

Last edited by martok2112 : 12-18-2012 at 05:06 AM.