View Single Post
Old 11-07-2012, 06:39 PM
Fleet Admiral

Thank you, my friends. I am glad you liked it.

Hi, Kevin. Yeah, the Imperial Star Destroyer was always measured at 1.6 km, it's how it was listed even in the Star Wars Role Playing Game, when West End Games had the license, and that game took all its information from the Lucasfilm Archives. So, she be official.

The one disappointment to me was the Super Star Destroyer. I've always been satisfied with the 8km length, as was listed in the SW:RPG, but lately, its apparent official number has changed to some 12.5 km.

The die cast mini that I have of the Super Star Destroyer has an Imperial Star Destroyer connected to it, and it seems to support the 8km scale.

Hi, Roysten. No, it wasn't any issue at all to get the ship to work properly. The clipping planes for the default setting actually go pretty far beyond the working grid of iClone, but, they weren't out far enough to fully show my full scale Star Destroyer. But, by expanding the clipping planes to 99,999, I can get the star destroyer in there with TONS of room to spare. I always have miniature versions of the ships so that I can do epic space battle shots. This was just an experiment to see if I could actually blow my ISD up to full scale, and by Joe, it worked.

As it stands, since I have so heavily modified this version of the star destroyer, I shall now have to make miniature copies of this...and I am once more doing reshoots for my BSGWars project, so I can maintain consistency of appearance for the ships throughout the movie.