View Single Post
Old 09-22-2012, 07:46 AM
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Tom Coughlin View Post
And if you haven't noticed, I'm not the only person here expressing doubts.
Are you still wondering why I question your Reading Comprehension skills Tom?

Quote:
You are taking it personally, I did nothing but share my opinion on the article. Quite frankly, it had nothing to do with you at all. I'm not telling you how you should feel about this article, why are you telling me how I should?

And I am very interested in this. I would not have read it or commented on it if I wasn't. My assessment differs from yours, so what?
I clearly said, "I'm annoyed at the negativity." and expressed the explanation quite concisely.You effected no personal attack against me of any kind yet you dismissed my honest and direct reply as though you're accustom to subterfuge by myself or someone else.

Quote:
And you brought Omegaman's name into this, not me.
Again, reading comprehension.
I spoke his name so therefore I must be implying by some invisible qualifier that he too is annoyed at you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin View Post
Saq, you're response to Tom and myself is exactly why I rarely comment on Omega's science based posts because I frankly can't be bothered with your reactions anymore.
You don't like me. I get it. I already knew that.
If you saw that my initial post referenced annoyance at individuals like yourselves who expressed doubt about clear scientific principles and you "can't be bothered with" my "reactions anymore." Why now? Just because I called you out?"

Quote:
Neither Tom nor myself said anything about not being interested in warp,
I am not the only one to acknowledge the lack of interest or positive discussion. (Yes I'm interpreting the negative comments as a lack of interest) Akula even said he was being Nay-sayer right along side you and Tom. That is why I don't believe you.

This is JUST a request (not an attack or a belittling or ego trip) that since these are the only areas I enjoy, can you PLEASE not poo-poo on them with a bunch of negativity? Please? Read into everything and anything else you want into that makes me out to be an ogre. I don't care. Just be more balanced in the discussion and don't derail it. If you have a negative comment say something positive about what you read, be constructive about advancements and show an interest beyond spitting on the imagination. If the only comments you want to make are that it's impractical (OBVIOUSLY) and not going to happen, Can this REALLY be called an interest or constructive?

Last edited by Saquist : 09-22-2012 at 07:56 AM.