View Single Post
Old 08-06-2012, 03:07 PM
Fleet Admiral

Yeah, I used to have the FASA Enterprise, Reliant, and Ranger class miniatures. Wanted to get a K't'inga, but could never find one. That was back when FASA still had the license to Star Trek.

HeroClix now has the rights to Star Trek and has made a HeroClix game for starships. I have a starter kit which has the refit 1701, a Nova Class (I think), a Klingon Bird of Prey, and a Klingon Vor'Cha attack cruiser. Miniatures are assembled and painted.

There is the full board game which comes with (I believe) a hundred miniatures, which includes the K't'inga.

Be warned, the miniatures seem to be made of a fairly soft rubber-plastic. The nacelles on my Enterprise are bent, and still in the box that I haven't opened yet.

I used to have quite a few Star Trek models. Ent-A, Excelsior, Ent-D, the adversary pack which had the Romulan Warbird, a Klingon Bird of Prey, and a Ferengi Marauder, one D-7 Klingon Battlecruiser, and two K't'inga Class Battlecruisers, a Vor'Cha attack cruiser...and I also had light and sound ships of the Ent-D and DS9. I also used to have a TON of both Star Trek and Star Wars micro-machines...and some of those ships I had duplicates or triplicates of.

But, now that I've gotten into the joy of 3D modeling and animation, I can make and animate almost any ship I imagine.

And, btw, Akula, if you considered your work there an amateurish job, I am anxious to see how you do when you do more advanced work. That mini looks GREAT!