View Single Post
Old 08-04-2012, 04:30 PM
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quark View Post
Although I highly enjoyed the film and saw it three times and counting I would have to agree with you about that point. It's funny you should mention this, but I was thinking the exact same thing. Why wasn't there a romance between Wayne and Kyle? Perhaps Nolan didn't want to bring any tip of the hat to Batman Returns and put the emphasis on someone else, leaving Catwoman in the dark and highly independent. But yeah, who knows. But then again, if I would know that Kyle would steal my parent's necklace...I'm not sure if I would be in a rush to get with them either. But remember, Talia was the one that Bruce entrusted the company with. She was the new head of Wayne Enterprises and she was the one who allowed Bane gain access to the secret weapons/machines going on underground. And plus, she was at his mansion when the power went out so things got a little romantic. It was just for the moment kind of thing. I'm guessing.
Given the way the story unfolded, you're right. But it didn't have to unfold that way, it could have been written differently. I would have completely cut out Miranda Tate/Talia, since Bane represents Ras Al Ghul's legacy. The parts for Tate, some of them anyway, could have been rewritten for Catwoman/Selina Kyle. In the comics, there was a romance between Wayne/Kyle, the movie should have played that up. Instead, we have a guilt-ridden Kyle, who led Batman/Wayne to his defeat, get teary-eyed at the thought of Batman/Wayne dying to save the city near the end. It makes no sense for Batman to even trust her, the way she betrayed him like that, then she goes against character and shows up at the last minute to kill Bane? Senseless. Here are more things that didn't work, http://www.filmschoolrejects.com/fea...=zergnet_27191