View Single Post
Old 08-04-2012, 03:21 PM
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saquist View Post
I saw the movie again last night and it holds up well except I finally noticed a big glaring flaw in the plot.

There was no reason why they didn't blow up the city immediately.
They knew the core would eventually blow up
They never made any attempt to escape
Talia had to have known that Bruce Wayne was the one that killed her father because Bane knew.

Yet we languish months to let the core explode for no reason.
She could have killed Bruce her self Bane and everyone in Gotham at any time. This is glaring plot hole. It reduces my enjoyment of the film because I realisze I watching explosions and action and fighting that didn't really have a purpose. Thumbs down on Dark Knight Rises.
Actually, the film is flawed in several respects, from the editing, to the illogical plot, and poorly stringed together story-telling, to the over-use of new secondary characters (John Blake, Talia, Selina Kyle), and the under-use of the primary secondary characters (Alfred, Lucius, Gordon). They don't build-up the Bane/Batman showdown well enough, and the film never felt like a thriller for the reasons you cited. The article below gets into some of the major plot holes, http://www.slashfilm.com/15-bothered...=zergnet_27052