View Single Post
Old 08-01-2012, 03:09 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saquist View Post
...and I thought I was the only one that didn't quite go for Sandler humor. I mean I get it but I prefer Lucy and Ethel slap stick or HAHA funny like Rush Hour (The first one) to movies and shows like Anchorman and the Office.

Like I said, I get those shows. Michael in the office is incredible but I mean that as unbelievable and outrageous and it has a certain fascination but it doesn't get me to tune in regularly like say...Every One Loves Raymond, or Will & Grace (that's my thing) or even Big Bang Theory. I like wit and good writing. EVEN Friends was like that (for a while) I still laugh my head off at Phoebe and Joey and it's more than ten years old.
There's a lot we have in common then Saquist.

I hate forced comedy. Shows like you mentioned are my favorites. You can always tell when the actors are really on the ball and enjoying themselves, a slight smirk here and there before the punchline.

I can't stand Will Ferrell. Love the Stooges, Laurel and Hardy, Abbott and Costello. Dead pan comedy delivered by experts like Bob Newhart also work for me. Loved the Newhart series (1982–1990), and Home Improvement etc.

The next TV Series should be called STARFLEET!