Thread: The End of Trek
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2012, 11:02 AM
Federation Councillor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roysten View Post
Argh that's depressing, I hope you're wrong here!
I'm kind of coming around to Sam's feeling that the second film in a series will be a clearer representation, although I kinda felt that way anyhoo about it in fairness.

I can understand the temptation to write off a film series (or attempt at a series - I just did it with The Amazing Spider-Man after all so I'm not pretending to have the high ground) or a weekly TV series (again, I just did that with 'Revenge') very quickly after one episode or after the first film.....................but, in playing advocate and taking a step back..............most TV shows and film series don't start out flawless and without need of development to iron out kinks and problems. And since Paramount is concieving a film franchise we know that there is room and time to address some matters.

It still doesn't mean it will be your cup of tea at the end of the day, obviously.

TNG for instance, did not get up and running really well until three seasons in............even though seasons 1 and 2 had great moments and were perfectly entertaining anyway, and that's the kind of thing I try to keep in mind. TMP was a general mis-step in the original film franchise as well. On the other hand, if we get to films two and three with Abrams and there's practical onscreen evidence of no improvement then...............

courtesy of Saquist