View Single Post
Old 09-30-2011, 06:25 AM
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by samwiseb View Post
I don't imagine anyone is a huge fan of their pricing. But CBS wants these BluRays to sell, and the market keeps changing thanks to all this 'streaming' crap; I'm sort of hoping that these will be better priced. Though that may be unrealistic.
I hope so too. The TOS Remastered season sets were cheaper then the TOS DVD season sets.

Quote:
To my knowledge, no foresight regarding HD was factored into production prior to ENT. Although I think DS9 continued using models throughout most of its run. I'll confess I was quite surprised to hear they had switched to CG, as back then I just assumed that all TV-budgeted CGI would look like Babylon 5. And I still cannot tell quite when they switched over.
Did some reading and apparently the Defiant was all CGI though the station was a model until the very last shoot of the series. I guess they would have to redo all the Defiant shoots then to bring up to true 1080p.

Quote:
Had TNG-R had its effects overhauled by CBS Digital (and I'm very thankful to hear that won't be the case), I'm sure the CG models would have stuck out like a sore thumb.
This is a CGI shoot of the Enterprise-D from "These Are the Voyages":

She looks pretty good to me.