View Single Post
Old 09-29-2011, 11:43 AM
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin View Post
I'm not big on their choices of episodes (although I don't actually dislike 'Farpoint' that much) and yes from that brief (like highly brief) shot there is better clarity in that effects shot...

.....but I'm not convinced that I need this.

I would have to really properly see some episodes to get a feel. And even then, it's doubtful. Not at the full initial cost the Blu-ray's would likely be. They would have to be on a really good sale down the line for me to consider it all over again.
My guess is they picked "Encounter at Farpoint" because it has a lot of special effects shots in it and so people can compare the first episode to later episodes and see how good the images are through out the series. I'm also not a big fan of how Paramount always releases Star Trek with higher price points then every other show

Quote:
Originally Posted by samwiseb View Post
I just hope they get as far as S4 with this. If enough suckers like me buy seasons 1-2, that should do the trick. I don't want to get the sampler though, if S1 is pretty much a guaranteed thing by that point. For my money 'Farpoint' was one of the worst pilots ever made. Thank god the series was already contracted when they made it...
I would think that the whole series is being done. I doubt they would stop mid-series due to sales being low. Sales may affect the future blu-ray releases of DS9 and Voyager though. Does anyone know if the CGI in those shows were rendered in 1080p? I know that was an issue with the new special effects in TMP and the blu-ray release because those effects weren't