View Single Post
Old 09-22-2011, 07:54 AM
Federation Councillor

Quote:
Originally Posted by samwiseb View Post
I missed the interview where he said that.
I don't know if this is the same article that Chator refers to but I did find this which contains a variety of of quotes by Orci regarding the game etc.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2011/07/...vies-be-canon/

Of which I'd imagine the relevant portion might be -

''We want to make sure that we’re true to what happened in the universe. The things I want to see a lot of the same things that happened in Star Trek, a lot of the same scenarios but I want see them in a new way. In the original series they met the doomsday machine. What would happen if they met it now?''

This isn't however, to my reading anyway, some kind of definitive statement of what's happening in the sequel. It doesn't even directly say it's in this game (anyone played it to find out?). This seems to be him saying pretty much what everyone else is wondering whilst simultaneously asking for 'new' stories (myself included), which is really just the question of how might some of the things that we saw happen in TOS pan out in the new timline. Since they are (mostly) all still out there in the new timeline as well, we can surmise. I don't see why they wouldn't.

Might that inform future films? Yep. But it's no guarantee they will either.

EDIT: Unless, of course, the Doomsday Device shows up in this game of theirs somewhere (I don't play PC games so I will never know unless I read about it somewhere or it's content gets discussed. If it did show up in the game and the game is supposed to be a 'bridge' then that might lend the idea some credence.

courtesy of Saquist

Last edited by kevin : 09-22-2011 at 09:05 AM.