Originally Posted by Futureguy
.......and apparently the Federation was throwing everything available including the kitchen sink at the Borg. "IF" she was still around and IF restored and in a museum and maneuverable...for my 2 cents, I guess that she would've been there to fight.
1) The Enterprise (TOS Refit) lost in the line of duty.
The Enterprise A took a whooping, but kept on flying for ???. Brought back for decommissioning. Repaired or junked...??? Probably Junked, but hey this is the Enterprise we are talking about...!!!
"Memory Alpha" has a notation stating:
- According to the paperwork with the Bandai model kit, the Enterprise-A was mothballed into Memory Alpha's museum fleet.
- According to William Shatner's novel The Ashes of Eden, The Enterprise-A was sold by Starfleet to the defense forces of the planet Chal, who appointed now-retired James Kirk as its commander. The vessel was later destroyed in the corona of Chal's sun during a battle with Klingon battle cruisers.
So it's just a guess as to what really happened to her...but...I choose the first explanation...
2) What happened to the Enterprise B? Lost/Destroyed in space due to the crew contacting a disease? So what what its demise...officially.....?
3) Enterprise C was lost in battle.
4) Enterprise D (Saucer) crashed due to Warp core breach in Secondary hull.
Would seem a shame for the "A" to have just been junked. History would tend for her to have been lost while under use. IDK
I don't believe that the Enterprise
-B was destroyed, rather than lost in space due to contacting a disease. However, if you look at the Memory Alpha article: http://memory-alpha.org/wiki/Enterprise-B
regarding "B", it says it is still active as of 2293. But, they only go based on what is seen on screen as canon, which I can appreciate. But at the same time, they also consider TAS to be canon as well which is awesome too! I remember I attempted to change the status of the Enterprise
-B on Memory and they said for me to change it back. Who knew.