Originally Posted by Quark
Well, I'm sure there were other Constitution-class starships around instead of the Enterprise-A. However, it is very possible that it could have been "A" since it was quite a historical ship being present at one of the most important peace accords ever to be signed in the Federation. And if it was, she certainly fought well!
.......and apparently the Federation was throwing everything available including the kitchen sink at the Borg. "IF" she was still around and IF restored and in a museum and maneuverable...for my 2 cents, I guess that she would've been there to fight.
1) The Enterprise (TOS Refit) lost in the line of duty.
The Enterprise A took a whooping, but kept on flying for ???. Brought back for decommissioning. Repaired or junked...??? Probably Junked, but hey this is the Enterprise we are talking about...!!!
"Memory Alpha" has a notation stating:
- According to the paperwork with the Bandai model kit, the Enterprise-A was mothballed into Memory Alpha's museum fleet.
- According to William Shatner's novel The Ashes of Eden, The Enterprise-A was sold by Starfleet to the defense forces of the planet Chal, who appointed now-retired James Kirk as its commander. The vessel was later destroyed in the corona of Chal's sun during a battle with Klingon battle cruisers.
So it's just a guess as to what really happened to her...but...I choose the first explanation...
2) What happened to the Enterprise B? Lost/Destroyed in space due to the crew contacting a disease? So what what its demise...officially.....?
3) Enterprise C was lost in battle.
4) Enterprise D (Saucer) crashed due to Warp core breach in Secondary hull.
Would seem a shame for the "A" to have just been junked. History would tend for her to have been lost while under use. IDK