View Single Post
Old 10-29-2010, 12:35 PM
Federation Councillor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livingston View Post
I've never watched Alias. I've heard good things mostly. I'm a big fan of Lost and Fringe, two other Abrams shows. Been planning on checking out Alias.
Abrams is a funny one for me to comprehensively call, but for the most part I like his stuff.

In the pro-corner I'd put Alias, Fringe, Mission: Impossible III and Star Trek. Those obviously are also heavily representative of the writing work of Orci & Kurtzman as well. I've not seen their new version of Hawaii 5-0, but I hear they have another new horror genre TV show that got greenlit recently called Locke & Key based on some sort of graphic novel if I read it correctly.

I never got into Lost but to be honest I'm not sure I would really call that 'an Abrams show' as such. He seemed to be involved a lot in the early days but mostly the show seemed to get run by Lindelof day-today etc

Although it does bear several of his hallmarks (sci-fi genre, heavy mythology, mystery, misdirection, strong characters, silliness and top notch production quality) that's for sure. Ancillary projects like Cloverfield are in-between. I liked Cloverfield on a basic level..........what I saw of it, but the shaky-cam made me nauseous so I only could get through it the once.

I've never seen some of Abrams shorter lived shows, or some of his earlier films where he was more script-writer for hire etc

courtesy of Saquist