Thread: StarCrash
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2010, 01:12 PM
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanWriter45 View Post
Starcrash is one of the best "bad movies" of all time. If you visit the Humanoid.com fan page, you'll find a great compilation of info on how the film was made, and the various personalities involved. One of my favorite facts was that all the models and props for the film were made in two days! Literally, they did it via the same way they made homes on "Extreme Makeover." Ultimately, Starcrash makes me think that it's the kind of movie a bunch of sci fi fans would have made, if they didn't have anything better to do.

Oh, and "Battle Beyond the Stars" was the first film in Corman's "sci fi ripoff" cycle that came about in the 80's. As such, most of the effects in that movie are original, but were then recycled for other films that came later. Not the other way around...
Indeed, it's like I always said: Battle Beyond the Stars is one of the most heavily cannibalized sci-fi movies ever made.

Second would have to be the original Battlestar Galactica.

I like your POV about StarCrash. A sort of sci-fi fan project. It wouldn't be the first time if indeed it was.

Remember the movie "Dark Star", by a very young John Carpenter? That movie was actually a college film project, and it went on to become a cult-classic.