Thread: Inception
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2010, 10:30 AM
Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilEyes View Post
That's exactly what she was like in "This Side of Paradise", so any complaints you have (which I agree with) should be against the writers of that episode. Which is why she never seemed like a good match for Spock,IMO. Who knows, if she had been someone like Amanda or Perin, someone able to understand Vulcans and read their emotions, it might have worked. Leila seemed to want Spock to always be the way he was when he was under the influence of spores.
I guess we saw her differently in the episode. Again, Spock was attracted to her, and even admitted he could not admit to loving her before the spores allowed him to. So, I figure she, of the epi, must have been a pretty terrific woman and that he'd been impressed by her when they'd met earlier. Otherwise, I doubt he would have ignored her on the planet, just as he ignored the other women.

Are you thinking about the scene in the transporter room at the end? She was a bit clingy, I have to admit. But, it was an emotional moment for both of them- one of my favorite Spock scenes. I think she would have accepted Spock any way she could have him. I would!