View Single Post
Old 04-07-2010, 09:24 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTrekkie View Post
However many of the Catholic teaches are quite clearly in oposite to the bible.

But that doesn't mean it is dangerous or its believers are automatically bad!

It's just not correct, the Catholic Church in many aspects is a lot like the Pharisee in the bible. There are many rituals and traditions that are oposite to Jesus teachings. Now they are not dangerous anymore, in the past they were used by the mighty to strengthen their position and justify violence, supression etc.pp.
That's because the Catholic Church teaches that Church tradition is as important as the Bible. I don't agree with all that Catholicism teaches and their teaching about the use of condoms is downright dangerous.

There are plenty of people in the Protestant Church who can be likened to the Pharisees and Sadducees. The Church, both Protestant and Catholic wielded a lot of power for a long time. The institutions may be corrupt but the majority of the people who are members of the Christian faith are just trying their best to live Christian lives. I agree with what you said earlier, Jesus probably would not be a fan of organised religion.

"Unless you have something a little bigger in your torpedo tubes, I'm not turning around!"