View Single Post
Old 04-07-2010, 07:51 AM
Admiral

Are you trying to tell me that no one in the Protestant Church or in any other faith is a child abuser? Don't get me wrong, the people who covered it up are as culpable as the perpetrators of these crimes. If I used the word "mistake" then I was wrong because abusing children is not a mistake, it is a crime and a heinous one at that.

There are people in top jobs in the Catholic Church who have clearly been wrong, possibly naive, and in some cases criminal. But that does not mean that the entire Church is corrupt or that individuals are not living up to the expectations of God. In the same way, everyone who works in a bank is not responsible for the financial collapse.

Yes, I agree that Christians are supposed to live moral lives and are supposed to follow God's commands. Are Westboro Baptist Church living out God's commands when they are causing further distress to bereaved relatives at the funeral of US sevice men? Are Protestant Christians living out God's ideal when they threaten to bomb abortion clinics. Is Pat Robertson showing love for his enemies when he states on national TV that Haiti deserved what it got when an earthquake strike. As a very famous religious leader once said: "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone!"

"Unless you have something a little bigger in your torpedo tubes, I'm not turning around!"