View Single Post
Old 03-25-2010, 09:51 AM
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by horatio View Post
Good points. I think that the other characters besides Indy's son didn't work too well either. Ravenwood, the fourth guy among them whose name I have forgot as well as Cate Blanchett's character are not as memorable as a Marcus Brody, Sallah, the French archaeologist or the guy who collaborates with the nazis in Last Crusade.
Quite true. That guy who's name I cannot remember as well...what a waste of screentime he was! Blanchett's villain was poorly acted (sorry, fans of her). I enjoyed seeing Karen Allen again, but her being there lead to more hokey stuff in that horrid chase through the jungle.

Quote:
So once you also include Star Wars there might be a pattern and perhaps Lucas just had a better hand with characters in the past?
Definitely!

Quote:
I consider the last Indy movie the weakest among the four but I don't think that it is a bad movie, just not an Indy movie which has become or ever will become a classic.
It's a toss-up between Temple of Doom and Crystal Skull. They both come off WAY more hokey than the other two. Just my taste I suppose.