View Single Post
Old 02-09-2010, 05:15 AM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmoore View Post
I don't know what season it was, but the VOY episode that had Janeway, Tuvok, Torres "partially assimilated" then "un-assimilated" was a shark jump if I've ever seen one.
That was the season 6 finale/season 7 opener, Unimatrix Zero. I don't think it was as bad as all that: it doesn't stretch credulity too much in terms of the crew's previous Borg experience: we'd seen the Doctor do some pretty amazing things with Borg-based nano-technology for a couple of seasons beforehand, so the idea that crewmembers could be assimilated-yet-not-assimilated wasn't so far-fetched. As for the rest... well, evidently your mileage may vary () but I actually thought the idea of Unimatrix Zero (the place, rather than the episode itself) was an original and intriguing idea - a rarity for latter-day Voyager episodes!

Now End Game... There's a potential shark jumper. It was certainly a massive anti-climax to the series as a whole, even if I thought it was virtually a given that the Borg transwarp hubs were always going to be the logical way for Voyager to get home.