View Single Post
Old 02-04-2010, 09:22 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by chator View Post
Janeway would never have allowed a relationship to develop between them due to the Starfleet protocol of not fraternizing with under-ranking officers. Janeway was as uptight about Starfleet regulations as Picard, plus she was married. The only way they could have gotten together was if the Kayzon had kept possession of VOYAGER, and the crew was forced to live out the rest of their days on that planet they were abandoned on. Without a starship, there would be no need for rank, or the pretense of Starfleet regulations to govern their behavior. As Captain she could only have the luxury of holo-romances. I think it would have been inappropriate for her to develop a relationship with Chakotay, neither could Chakotay develop a relationship with anyone onboard, only equally ranked officers, or junior officers could have that luxury.
Janeway definitely wasn't married. She was engaged to Mark Johnston, not married to him. Am I wrong in thinking that Picard and Crusher ended up together? They were definitely together in the novel Before Dishonor. I would think the doc of a starship would be lower in rank to the Captain.

"Unless you have something a little bigger in your torpedo tubes, I'm not turning around!"