View Single Post
Old 01-13-2010, 09:36 PM
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enterprise Captain View Post
There is also evidence to show it is plausible for life to exist on other planets and we are finding more all the time. We just found ice on the Moon and on Mars. You said faith is illogical and that's because it doesn't require someone to weigh the evidence, all you have to do is believe.
I don't wish to get into this God debate, as I am a no-believer in the Christian God and am fine with people believing whatever they want as long as they don't try to force it down my and everyone else's throat. I would just like to point out that the Vatican now says its okay to believe in both aliens and the gospel. As for faith, there is plenty of faith in science, plenty of faith is required of scientists, many don't question the basic axioms on which their theories rest. Many questions remain about evolution, even if you believe it is a fact and not a theory, its mechanism is not really understood. And scientists can be as fanatical in their faith in scientific theories as Christians are in their religious beliefs.