View Single Post
Old 01-08-2010, 11:44 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enterprise Captain View Post
[color=black]But you believe in God so you don't believe Dawkins's point of view so why are you offended? Didn't you ask the same question of the atheist being offended when told by the believer that they are going to hell? Regardless of his final conclusion though because God can not be proven to exist or not exist does that make all of Dawkins points invalid? I don't believe it
I am offended at being called an idiot. Would you not be offended at being called an idiot? He uses strong language and bad critical thinking skills. As I said elsewhere if he wants to become a philosopher then fine. But don't wrap it up in bad science.

The money that the church receives goes to many things, not just the pocket money and board and lodgings of priests. Many people are helped by the work of the Catholic Church. As I stated before, the Catholic Church were completely wrong in how they dealt with the Paedophile Priest scandals. Yes they should have acted sooner and had these people prosecuted. I have many issues with the Roman Catholic Church, hence the reason that I am Presbyterian.

To me it is immaterial what people who believe in God have done wrong. It matters that I believe there has to be some intelligent life form bigger and better than me and there has to be some force behind the creation of the universe. And that is the point Dawkins doesn't get. Faith doesn't make you a good person. It should! But it doesn't there fore every religion has its fair share of felons and hypocrites, just like every non-religious organisation

"Unless you have something a little bigger in your torpedo tubes, I'm not turning around!"