View Single Post
Old 01-01-2010, 02:17 PM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerhanner View Post
I'm going with Michael Jackson. The endless press coverage of a man who already annoyed me was just salt in the wounds.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vuedoc View Post
...So I've changed my mind- to me the most annoying person was every celebrity who died this past year who gripped the attention of people more than the economy, the state of health care, the wars, and everything else wrong that we still have a chance to fix did.
Let's see how many smilies I can find to express my admiration for these sentiments.

I also had the beer toast smiley and the thumbs up smiley, but the site limits me to 4 images per post. So...only 6? They need more smilies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samuel View Post
In those cases the titles mean what they say. Dont talk to liberals unless you absolutely have to. Rush is an idiot. You know what you are getting between the covers. Another title says faith in god is delusional. You know what you are getting there also.
It's called preaching to the choir, aka positive reinforcement of bias. Ninety-nine percent of people who buy "How to speak to a liberal (if you must)" are conservatives, while a similar proportion of people who buy "Rush Limbaugh is a big fat idiot" are liberal. They reinforce their preconceived notions by reading only the stuff they agree with. Or to put it another way, "If you repeat a lie enough times, people will come to accept it as true."

The real mystery is why our societies let these bozos get away with this crap.