View Single Post
Old 11-15-2009, 01:37 PM
Vice Admiral

Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, Europe, Terra - ZZ9 PluralZAlpha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commodore View Post
One bad generalization deserves another, because the Europeans really don't know how to make chocolate either.
No. I am sorry, I cannot let this pass! A bad generalisation was indeed made about American chocolate. And although you can split hairs about how 'American' can refer to both sets of land masses, we know that in this case the generalisation made referred specifically to the United States of. That was a bad generalisation. But your one was far worse! You took a whole continent! The whole of Europe! Europe is not one country!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commodore View Post
All that does is make me wanna buy a platter of chocolate bars...

Don't know if I agree with "sour and tangy,"--I always thought that better described non milk chocolate--but since my palate is accustomed to the taste, I wouldn't know.
Ah, let me assure you, 'sour and tangy' is a good way of putting it. Sour is bad, and sometimes tangy is good, but not in this case. And Herschey chocolate is not 'creamy' either, to whomever said that.
_______
Dark chocolate should be bitter, but never sour.
Milk chocolate should be gently sweet, a round flavour in comparison to the broad spiking of dark chocolate.
White chocolate is usually altogether more sugary, and I don't go in for it much myself. I prefer dark chocolate to the others.

Especially compared to Cadbury's and Galaxy's milk chocolate, they are really sugary and have a granulated flavour, as if the memory of the sugary crystals are breaking through into the flavour...

Herchey's... Well, let's say it's not as bad as vomit, but it is as they have a little bit of vomit mixed into each bar.

Belgian dark chocolate... Whoohw... Very nice, especially one creamy variety that I obtained while in Belgium. Most 'Belgian' chocolates (ones not actually made in Belgium), while still nice, aren't as good as Belgian chocolate made in Belgium!

(And an indirectly founding patron of the Elizadolots Avatar Thingy.)