View Single Post
Old 10-09-2009, 08:41 AM
Federation Councillor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrQ1701 View Post
Dropping out of warp at a distance gives you an opportunity to see what the situation is and does NOT mean remaining at a distance. Are you really defending the idiotic idea that is is better to drop out of warp directly in an area where you know NOTHING? Please, even dropping out of warp within a few seconds of your destination (at impulse) is FAR better than dropping out directly in the middle of a clusterf**k. All I saw was a weak attempt at recreating the scene in Star Wars where the MF drops out of hyperspace directly in a debris field. Either way you look at it, sensors do not work while at warp or sensors were being jammed, it makes no sense to not give yourself a few seconds to see what the hell you are walking into. In SW the scene worked fine because they fly blind while in hyperspace and they did not expect a debris field where a planet should have been. In NuTrek it was just plain stupid... stupid for elitest Trek fans like myself.
Hmmm I seem to remember inconsitant ship abilites all throught TOS, why should a Nu/TOS film be any diffrent?

Sensors allways worked at warp on TOS, I could site numerous examples.

I love Trek ,and TOS, but let's be honest TOS and Trek have not been overly consitant about warp speed, sensors abilites, sheild capabilites. Why should this film?

Trek's Warp speed and SW's Hyperspace are two mutally exclusive things. Your comparing apples and organes with this one.

It was an emergency situation, as TJ said, it is reasobale to assume that the comm channel and sensors were jammed with interference. So I would assume they used best guess, makes sense. they didn't have the time to drop out of warp outside the system, then plod along at impulse..