View Single Post
Old 08-08-2009, 10:53 PM
Lieutenant Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by lt.reed View Post
hi,

i don´t want to see one more great enemy. that begins to be boring. nero was good in a second story line, but in the next movie i would like to be scared because of the naked, cold space...! that is what i miss since years. new worlds, new civilisatons, to be fascinated by strange things. maybe a little fantasy, a little horror, a little twilight zone

matthias
I understand what you're saying. The trouble is when you actually pick through your suggestions, it doesn't really illuminate very much what you would actually include. New worlds, new civilisations, strange things. Sounds cool but what would actually happen? Story can't exist without some kind of conflict, where would this come from? I'm not saying that Star Trek films have to always be about fighting but there has to be some kind of high stakes danger, surely? The Next Generation had a big asteroid threatening a planet of English speaking aliens with five nostrils wearing bacofoil suits but for me that felt rather tame and uninteresting. Not trying to be negative, I think you perfectly summed up a feeling that TOS engendered in me when I was a kid. All I can say is I'm glad I'm not in the hot seat for writing the next one!