View Single Post
Old 07-11-2009, 03:35 PM
Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizadolots View Post
I'll just note that this thread has now made the turn that inevitably leads to closure. People are making negative comments about the religion of others. It's only a matter of time before complaints get filed and the thread is closed.
Personally, I have an idea for the board administrator. Maybe there should be a "red" forum, a special forum specifically set aside for controversial matters such as religion and politics. In that particular forum, perhaps there can be a more harshly enforced set of rules to particularly disallow insults, calling people names, etc. In the meantime, people would be able to tactfully discuss this issue without oppressive influence.

If people on both sides of this conversation would just be considerate and use some tact, I actually believe that these discussions could run very smoothly. Those who would just look to disrespect others, or dislike the subject could just stay away from that board; plain and simple.